Early Childhood Education: These are multiple programs aimed at building a lifelong learning foundation for our young children:
- Happy 5 (Nuoi Day Tre Vui Manh): to ensure that our young children are healthy and kindergarten ready.
- Triple P, SEEDS, Arts Enrichment: to provide parents with knowledge and skills to ensure healthy development of our young children.
- Healthy Youth (Giup Con Vao Doi): to help pre-teens and teens become healthy, caring, responsible and successful young adults.
OUTREACH & EDUCATION
Covered California: to provide access to free or affordable health insurance to all eligible families and individuals.
- Happy 5 (Nuoi Day Tre Vui Manh): weekly radio talk shows to bring about health, peace and happiness in families.
- Community forum Families Today and Tomorrow (Gia Dinh Hom Nay & Ngay Mai): to inform and educate the community on issues affecting and services available to their families.
- ICANDREAM: to provide scholarship to poor orphans and students in Vietnam to keep them in school.
- 100 BIKES: to engage students in the US to give bikes to disadvantaged children in Vietnam so they can stay in school
- BREATH OF LIFE: provide CPAP machines to hospitals in Vietnam to save lives of premature newborns and infants
- ANH SANG TINH THUONG: to provide free cataract surgeries for poor elderly in Vietnam so they can enjoy life with their children and grandchildren
- RELIEF EFFORTS: to help victims of natural disasters to get back on their feet
Sep 2, 2017: Know your rights & the red card (part 2): how to protect yourself if the police comes to your home or stop you in the car or at the mall, Tran N. Tran from the Santa Clara County Office of Immigrant Relations
Aug 26, 2017: Nutrition: allergies among children aged 6 months to 1 year old, Nhu Nguyen, ICAN Health Educator.
Aug 19, 2017: Parent Project, VanLan Truong and Nikki Nguyen (Santa Clara County)
Aug 12, 2017: Know Your Rights, Tran Tran, Santa Clara County Office of Immigrant Relations
Aug 5, 2017: The formative years, MongHang Luu (ICAN) and KienAnh (parent)
Jul 29, 2017: Mice and Cockroaches, Hung Pham, Santa Clara County Vector Control
Jul 01, 2017: Nutrition: Garlic, Nhu Nguyen (ICAN Health Educator)
Jun 17, 2017: Father's heart on Father's Day, Huy & Hoang (24x7 Dad participants)
Jun 10, 2017: Story time: Lac Long Quan & Thanh Giong, Nhu Nguyen (ICAN)
Jun 03, 2017: Nutrition: Drinks and exercises, Nhu Nguyen (ICAN)
May 27, 2017: Ba Trieu School of Consciousness, Bruce Huynh (Viet Unity)
May 20, 2017: Bullying, Mai Doan (East Side Union High School District)
May 13, 2017: What children need from families, Mimi Christine Nguyen (SJPD)
Apr 29, 2017: Sugar, Nhu Nguyen (ICAN)
Apr 08, 2017: Baby teeth, Tuan H. Nguyen, DDS
Mar 25, 2017: Nutrition for children aged 6mos to 1year , Nhu Nguyen (ICAN)
Mar 11, 2017: San Jose Flood, Quyen Mai (VIVO) & Long Nguyen (UVAN)
Mar 04, 2017: Pregnancy part 2, Dr. TheAnh Nguyen, MD (Kaiser)
Feb 25, 2017: Mother's and baby's health during pregnancy, Dr. TheAnh Nguyen, MD (Kaiser)
Feb 18, 2017: Building confidence in little children, Mong Hang Luu (ICAN)
Feb 11, 2017: Valentine and Chocolate, Nhu Nguyen (ICAN)
Feb 04, 2017: School Readiness, part 2, Mong Hang Luu (ICAN)
Jan 21, 2017: School Readiness, part 1, Mong Hang Luu (ICAN)
Jan 14, 2017: Tet Traditions, Nhu Nguyen (ICAN)